Chapter Director Legal Agreement:
1. IACSP owns and manages a professional association of persons involved in counterterrorism and security. Hereinafter the term "IACSP" may be used interchangeably to refer both to the corporate entity and to the association it manages.
2. Chapter Director: Chapter Director is an individual Member of IACSP who desires to serve the function of a chapter director in the IACSP as the role is further defined herein.
3. Duration of Appointment/Termination: Chapter Directors designation to that position is effective immediately and will extend until terminated. Either party may terminate this agreement at any time by providing ten 10 days written notice to the other party by certified mail, return receipt required.
4. Chapter Region: Chapter Directors chapter is identified as: The size and extent of the chapters are subject to modification by the IACSP.
5. Duties: Chapter Directors duties hereunder are as follows:
- Organize and conduct meetings among IACSP members in the chapter region.
- Bring in at least 2 new members.
- Recruit a minimum total of 12 members per year.
- Maintain the IACSP Chapter by having at least 2 meetings per year.
- Promote IACSP and IACSP activities.
- Provide IACSP with quarterly reports of Chapter activities.
- Follow IACSP bylaws guidelines and directives
- Place a link to www.iacsp.com or banner on your website if you have one.
6. Use of Name/Logo: Chapter Director agrees not to use the IACSP name (or any derivative or associated name) or logo without the written permission of IACSP. Chapter Director will provide IACSP with an exact sample of the proposed use of the name/logo. If approved, IACSP will return a copy of the sample of the proposed use along with its written permission. IACSP reserves the right to place any condition it deems advisable or appropriate on the use of its name/logo and/or to revoke authorization for future use of the name/logo.
7. Confidentiality: Chapter Director understands that he may be provided with information regarding IACSP activities/publications which is either trade secret information or not widely distributed. Chapter Director agrees not to publish or otherwise disclose to these parties any information regarding IACSP"s activities without prior written authorization from IACSP. This obligation survives any termination of this agreement.
8. Membership Information: Chapter Director may receive IACSP membership lists and information to assist Chapter Director in the performance of his duties after the first quarterly report submitted by Chapter Director. Chapter Director may not copy this information, provide it to third parties or use it in any manner other than as specifically authorized in writing by IACSP. Nothing will be sent to IACSP members by Chapter Director, without the advanced review and written permission of IACSP. In the event of termination by either party, any IACSP membership information in Chapter Director's custody will immediately be returned to IACSP. by Chapter Director who will immediately cease communication with IACSP members regarding IACSP.
9. Confidentiality: Chapter director understands that he may be provided with information regarding IACSP activities/publications which is either trade secret information or not widely distributed. Chapter Director agrees not to publish or otherwise disclose to these parties any information regarding IACSP's activities without prior written authorization from IACSP. This obligation survives any termination of this agreement.
10. No Creation of Agency Relationship: Chapter Director understands that neither this agreement nor any other communication or relationship with IACSP authorizes or empowers Chapter Director to act or hold himself out as an agent of IACSP. Chapter Director is not authorized to bind IACSP to any contractual obligation and will not represent himself to be so authorized without IACSP's expressed written authorization.
11. Chapter Director will be solely and personally responsible for his acts and omissions while acting in that capacity. In the event that chapter director enters into agreements or otherwise incurs exposure to contractual or tort liability, he will do so solely in his own name.
12. In the event that Chapter director is involved in activities in which Chapter Director believes IACSP's contractual or other involvement would be appropriate, Chapter Director may forward proposals or other documentation to IACSP for its further consideration and action by IACSP. The laws of the commonwealth of Virginia shall apply to this transaction and the parties submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of Virginia for the resolution of any disputes arising therefrom.
13. The parties hereto acknowledge that this agreement constitutes an integration of all terms and conditions agreed upon by the parties.